Thursday, July 24, 2008

BENJAMIN

As all of you know, we have had the most difficult time agreeing on a name for our little guy. I thought for sure after seeing him it would click for both of us. Joel wants to call him Noah Benjamin...kind of like parents that call their kid "Mary Katherine"...you know... the longer two names. I love that but I know it will get shortened by those around us. Today, not sure why, I called him Benny. Joel B started calling him "Benny Whiny" since he is such a whiner these days. Joel said no to Benny. ..but Joel B and I continued to say it with smiles. I know many of you have been calling him Noah and well...it was like you were talking about someone else...LOL. So I told Joel to decide what he wanted to call him and we would go with that...but he had to decide by the end of the day. He decided he wants to call him Noah Benjamin...and that's great. Joel B and I will sneak in our "Benny". He's so cute! I can't even explain what a cute little guy he is. He has such big eyes and the cutest dimples....perfect little head and so cute when he walks. He has not walked much since he won't allow me to put him down. He's smaller than I thought he would be but I know that will change as soon as we get home and get settled. He needs his big Sissy Alexis and Sissy Alaina...and big brother Hudson to take care of him. Alexis is going to love him and I can't wait to get home so she can help hold him. I think he will go to her right away.
Speaking of the little people at home, they are doing great and having a blast with Mammaw and Pappaw. We talk on Skype twice a day and Hudson seems to be saying so much more. They are swimming everyday in a little pool my mom got for them...and eating at fun restaurants. I miss them so much!!! It makes me feel so much better knowing they are happy and having fun.
Thanks for sharing our journey and praying for us. Benjamin did sleep straight last night but woke up once for me to put him in the bed with me...so we slept together part of the night. When we get home, we will break this little habit but for now, he needs me close...and that's ok. I can't wait for all of you to meet our Benjamin....(Benny...shshshsh..Joel is asleep).

1 comment:

Deb, Russ, Lily, Lucy and Lainey said...

Yeah Benjamin.. That's my boy!!! Glad he is doing better with sleep. he is a doll, Trina... I know you are so blessed.. keep us posted and hugs to all.. cannot wait to see and meet him.. it won't be long...
love-
deb