Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Meeting new friends...

We enjoyed having lunch with friends today learning about their work in China. They were so sweet to pick us up and treat us to lunch at the Wicker Basket Restaurant. I actually ate a salad. We have salads every day at home but in China, it's not wise to eat anything that is rinsed in the water.
HuiHui had his first fry and loved my chicken pot pie at the Wicker Basket Restaurant.
HuiHui's minority doll....
Our friends told us about a local store nearby. All the items are made by women who are deaf. I bought several gifts but won't post those so they will be a surprise. :) I wanted to buy one of everything.

Enjoying the beautiful tropical trees.

And we ended the day with KFC! HuiHui had his first icecream today!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Trina,
It looks like you've had another amazing day! Chicken pot pie and ice cream....he seems to be adjusting very well!!
Love,
Jennifer

Laurie McLean said...

Hang in there, Trina. It will get better. Poor little dear. I'm praying that the Lord will step in and comfort his grieving and frightened little heart and that you will have a chance to get some sleep. (You look great, BTW, for no sleep!) Know we are thinking of you and praying for you all! Laurie

Marcie said...

How sweet! I'm so happy you have him in your arms now. We got home from Mexico - it was a wonderful trip, but now I am sick, so I just got a chance to catch up on your news!! Praise the Lord and I'm praying for better days for you soon.
Love, Marcie

Anonymous said...

Trina and everybody,
We are loving keeping up with your blog!! We will pray that HuiHui soon finds peace and that you all get some sleep. I showed HuiHui's pictures to Joseph and Joseph kept repeating "Jiang, Jiang." I don't know if he thought the picture was him or he just associated the picture of a friend with his time in the orphanage. Glad you liked Sarah! Llewellyn

Patientlywaiting said...

Trina,

Love the updates. Can't wait until we can meet him in person in Guangzhou. We are doing well. We visit Claire's orphanage today. It may be a very emotional day for all of us. We haven't been as lucky with the food; no KFC close. The kids are hoping for McDonalds today. Praying for your little guy. We too struggle at nap/bed time.

Love,
Your travel mates in Wenzhou

Susan Appleton said...

Girl, for someone with no sleep, you look amazing! I would look like death warmed over and probably break the camera! hahahahahahahaha At least you are having some amazing times and making some memories. I love the picture of the little shop and all the dolls in the background! That is soooooooooooooooo cool! Do they sell online or anything? I'd love to find a little doll like that for Rebekah one day. Some of the ones I've seen online aren't that cute. We will keep you in our prayers and send warm and heartfelt wishes around the globe straight to you guys!
Love ya!
Susan

The Lewis Family said...

Hi Trina and Joel,
Congratulations on your sweet little guy, Noah. He is adorable and I love his cute little dimples and the little sparkle in his eyes when he smiles!! We are praying for you guys and hope you get some good sleep soon!! I am praying for peace and security for little Noah Benjamin!! I love the doll and what a cool shop that you got to visit. Take care, Our love, Lori and Larry

The Davies Family said...

Noah is just adorable! I'll praying for Noah's heart! That God would comfort him and bring him peaceful sleep!!
Joyce

Mom Of Many said...

Trina,
It breaks my heart to see his sad tears and fears. Oh my! You are right, only God can comfort. I will pray that you have much wisdom in knowing exactly what will minister to his little heart. He is absolutely precious. I pray for sweet sleep and that God exponentially provides sleep to your weary bodies. Love, Linn

Rebecca Lily said...

I love the picture of him with the fry!! He is so beautiful!!!! I have to ask... where did you get the minority doll, and a BOY one at that!!???? I need to get one for Owen!!

Rebecca