Monday, July 21, 2008

Adoption Day!!!

We are thanking God for the wonderful gift of our sweet Noah Benjamin Hui. Today has been a good day. He has cried less and smiled more...PTL! As I'm typing, he is sitting on my lap, facing me and looking up at me...so sweet.
Photo for Adoption Certificate. The photographer took his blanky/rag away...
Gejiu orphanage staff and Gejiu Civil Affairs Office staff were here today. The orphanage director, (on the end) said a blessing for HuiHui as we videod. It was a nice time as HuiHui got all the attention. They were telling him to say words and he repeated them. The orphanage director told him to say Mama and Baba. By the time we left there, he would drop his blanky/rag and say, "Uh Oh". Remember the baby family photo album we sent to him? They brought it to us. When HuiHui saw it, he got so excited and talked and talked...and pointed to our pictures. I'm not sure what he was saying. I wish someone was there that could translate....that actually understood his Chinese baby talk. They also brought us a little notebook that I had sent. Several nannies signed his book. I can't wait to have someone translate it for us and tell us what it says. I know someday, Noah Benjamin Hui will cherish all these things.


Caught in action grabbing the ink pad!

This was our last day with Sarah. She was such a sweet girl and very professional. Helen, our next guide will be joining us on Wednesday.
HuiHui finally allowed me to put him down. He enjoyed sharing snacks with Zachary.
And more smiles...
He took a 4 hour nap! He and Hudson should enjoy those long afternoon naps together when we get home. We love you Noah Benjamin Hui!!

11 comments:

Susan Appleton said...

What a darling!!!! I love those little dimples! I've been praying for you guys and for your baby to transition and bond smoothly with you. He just looks much happier and content in the photos today.....it never fails when love comes in and just takes over! I hope you all continue on your journey happily and thanks for keeping us all updated! It's a joy to follow your journey!
Susan

Andrea Nielsen said...

Noah is precious! congratulations! I am glad he seems to be settling in and is sleeping well. I hope he is also eating better! His little blankie is sweet...I love it when children come to their families with some sort of security item...I think it would be comforting! Blessings to you all. God is good!

Ladyblog said...

He is so precious and adorable!

Jen said...

Noah is such a cute boy! I'm glad things seem to be going well. I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

He is soooo cute!!! I can't wait to hold him!!!

Hudson and Alaina named everyone they saw in the pictures. They were so excited to see you all.

Miss you!
Love,
Alexis, Alaina, and Hudson

vicki said...

Trina,

Congratulations to you all, Noah has the greatest smile and dimples. I can't wait to follow the rest of your trip.

vicki

Mom Of Many said...

Oh Trina - what an absolute dolly!! I got up in the night just to peak, but didn't leave a message - I am so thrilled for you and Noah. We continue to pray for all the adjustments - what a treasure you have! Hugs from Colorado, Linn

Jeff said...

What a handsome fellow! Congratulations! I wish you would have made it into our travel group so that I could have met Noah. Our Lily is adapting a little each day-- struggling a bit with Jen, but I think it's largely due to the one-on-one time she had with me, due to solo travel. Jen says, "hi".
--Jeff D.

Anonymous said...

Hello and congratulations! Your son is adorable! You don't know me, but I was interested in reading your blog because our daughter is also from GeiJu. We have been home with her for 17 months. They didn't give us one of the rags when they brought her to us, but I knew she loved them because she had one in every picture we have of her in the orphanage. On the first night when I gave her a bath she latched on to the hotel washrag I used and we had to ask the hotel if we could keep it. We now buy them by the 4 pack at Target. It's not the cutest of loveys, but easily replacable which is great because we have lost many! It was nice to see the orphanage director again in your photos--he is a sweet, sweet man. Praying that your transition continues to go smoothly and that Ben continues to blossom. Blessings, Julia

2plustwinsmom said...

Hey all! He is so adorable! Renay and Titus are loving all the pics and hearing about little Noah. He's soooo cute! We can't wait to see you all when you get back!

Sheryl

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh I just love these pictures of him!!! The smiles are the BEST!! Love the tootsie with the red ink. :)

Rebecca