One of the Olympic buildings...getting ready for the 2008 Olympics on 8/8/08 at 8!
An interesting building....one of the most amazing buildings in the world.
A tree outside the Forbidden City.
The Forbidden City has 9,999.5 rooms! We spent several hours just walking through. I can't begin to share the beauty of these buildings.
Zachary is a Star! The girls asked to take his picture. Cute!
Today we visited TianAnMen Square, The Forbidden City and climbed The Great Wall. We chose to climb the hardest section. Joel B and I made it to the first tower but Joel and Zachary made it to the 5th tower. We were so sweaty and I'm sure we will be very sore tomorrow. At the bottom, we purchased our t-shirts that says, "I climbed The Great Wall."
We had a wonderful Chinese lunch at a restaurant on the way to the Great Wall. On the way back to the room, we drove through lots of traffic and were able to take pictures of the Olympic buildings. Pride and excitement is displayed throughout Beijing. On signs everywhere reads, "One World...One Dream."
We are leaving the hotel headed for Kunming in the morning at 5:30AM and we think we will get our little guy in the afternoon. It is not confirmed so we actually might get him on Monday morning. Adoption Day is on Monday either way. Pray for good rest for us tonight and pray for Noah Benjamin Hui's heart to be ready for us. We are so excited!!
PS: I'm still learning how to post on my blog so the pictures are backward. Guess you can scroll up...LOL
9 comments:
Welcome to China - again!!! We will be praying all goes well for gotcha moment and after - I am sure it will!! keep us posted! Love, The Bishops
I am antsy for you to finally(!) see your little Noah Benjamin and I keep looking at the clock and counting the time zone changes...etc., so I can only imagine how the wait is for you all! So glad you are there and am praying for all of you! Blessings from Colorado, Linn
Hi Trina and Joel and the Boys,
It looks as you all are having fun.. We will pray for a smooth gotcha day. Cannot wait to see the little guy. Looks like Zachary is having tons of fun.. Love Deb and Russ
Yay!!!! I will stalking your blog until you finally post the pitures we REALLY want to see!!!! :-) Glad you all are safe.
~Rebecca
I want to go back. I remember all of this. The building for the olympics was being built when we were over there in 2006. Glad to see that it is finished. Can't wait to see Noah or Ben. To post pictures the way you won't put the newest one on first and work from there. I have learned a lot on the blog, so feel free to ask me. I love blogspot.
Will be watching tomorrow for the pics. Praying for a smooth transition.
The Landes Family
Can't wait to see your pictures tomorrow! How are the guides and things in Beijing? Laurie
Hey guys!! So memories when I read your posts! Are Alison and Susan with you? If they are tell them Jeff and Llewellyn said hello and that all is going well with Joseph. Can't wait to see Noah tomorrow. I will show the pictures to Joseph and see what reaction we get! Llewellyn
It sounds like things are going well so far. I can't wait to see you all with little Noah!
Jennifer
Wow, Beijing is a beautiful city... can't wait to visit. :) Those buildings are incredible.
Post a Comment