Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gotcha Day!!!!!!!

We were up at 4:30AM this morning putting our luggage outside the door. Our flight boarded at 7:25AM. At this point, we were not sure we were getting HuiHui today.
Sarah was waiting on us at the airport and informed us that we would get him around 2.
Our hotel at the Grand Park.


We gathered up our gifts for the orphanage, the diaper bag and the cameras and headed to meet our HuiHui.
We arrived first and then within a minute, HuiHui came through the door...reluctantly. He is so cute!!! XiaoFang, the manager at the Infant Care Unit in Gejiu came with him. We were so happy to meet her. She is such a wonderful "mother" of the babies and an eternal sister.

And he cried...and cried...and cried....
So I could talk to XiaoFang and give her the gifts, I gave him back to her hoping he would stop crying.
While we signed some paperwork, the boys played with him for a little bit...in Xiaofang's arms.



ANd then it was time to say goodbye. He was crying...I was crying ....and I'm sure XiaoFang was crying,too. He was so pitiful...reaching for the windows and looking for his XiaoFang.
We went back to the room and changed a dirty diaper. He did not like that at all. He is extremely strong. He gathered up all his clothes I had taken off, especially his shoes. He handed the shoes to me to put them back on him.
It was so sad watching him cry. He walked to the door reaching and crying...bless his heart.
We walked to Walmart to get some baby things and on the way he fell asleep after he had cried about an hour. He woke up calm and very, very content in the Snuggly. He is so cuddly and would look into my eyes. He wrapped his arms and legs around me. I'm in love...
Notice the rag...I mean blanky in his mouth? He wanted it in his sight constantly.



At dinner, he played with Daddy Baba and smiled a little...but on my lap. We are a little worried that he won't eat. He ate some Cheerios but won't take a bottle or eat anything.

As I'm typing on Monday morning, he slept well last night...waking up at 6:30. I'm sure he will be tired today. I fell asleep with him on my bed last night and then put him in his bed. He is such a cute little guy. Pray for him as he misses his XiaoFang and learns that we love him forever.

17 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Trina! I'm so happy for your family! I hope your days continue to go well.
Still praying for all of you!
Love,
Jennifer

Deb, Russ, Lily, Lucy and Lainey said...

That is wonderful cannot wait to see him. We are so happy for you and your family... He is already attached to you..That is so wonderful!! Will continue to pray for smooth transition.
Love-
deb and russ

Patientlywaiting said...

We are so glad you got him today! We are counting down until our Gotcha time! Can't wait to see pictures!

Love,
Your travel mates in Hangzhou!

Susan Appleton said...

Oh Trina how wonderful!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!!!! I am so glad that he is bonding with you and that he is now in a family full of love!
Susan

Hunter said...

congrats! am glad that things are going so well. hope the transition continues to go smoothly. we continue to pray for a safe journey.
enjoy the teim with your newest addition!
love,
hunter

Ladyblog said...

Yay!!! Where are the pictures???? I want to see little Hui Hui! You have got to tell us more!! Inquiring minds want to know... Congrats, finally and I know your family is so blessed to have him.
~Rebecca

Laurie McLean said...

I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the little guy! Laurie

Unknown said...

Congrats! I cannot wait to see him~ Put some pics up! I see Joel was playing Solitaire on the laptop in the hotel room in Beijing...I want to know why he wasn't reading the paperwork I sent with him! (Just kidding). I just prayed for you all. Be safe,
Angie

Susan Appleton said...

Oh bless his sweet little heart! What a little trooper! I had tears in my eyes reading your post and seeing the pictures! He is a complete darling!!!!! Hang in there and I'm sure he will bond even more to you guys.....how could he NOT feel the love you have for him!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!! OH another blessing added to not only your lives, but to ours, too!! Thank you for being sooo faithful to God's calling and being such a testimony to His eternal love. Kiss him for all of us, and travel home safely!!

We will pray for a speedy transition period and that he will so poignantly feel your dedicationa and love for him, for you and the kids!!

Deb, Russ, Lily, Lucy and Lainey said...

Trina, Lily did the same thing ...It was so sad... She would go to the door with her stuff animal and photo album that we had sent and cry for the door to open and her NaNa as she would say... It broke my heart, she remembered that the whole time we were in her Province then when we packed to go to GZ ..she was a different child ..happy and content... it was really strange, like a switch went off..I think she didn't like the Hotel in her Province as it reminded her of being away from her foster family. Ben will be fine. He is so adorable and so handsome..... We are so happy for you guys.... Give him hugs and kisses. We cannot wait to meet him....Hudson will have a ball with Ben...
love-
deb

The Landes Family said...

What little cutie. Can't wait to kiss all over him. Miss Talicee would not eat either. Give him time. This is his greiving period. When he gets hungry enough he will eat. Miss Talicee said Hudson not in class today. She missed him. Praying for a smooth transition. Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Cara said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and we will be praying for a smooth transition.

Blessed 5x said...

We are so happy for you - have been reading your blog daily. He is the cutest!! We pray that he adjusts quickly and feels your love for him and rests in it.

Give him a hug and kiss for us!! We can't wait to meet him.

Love, Melissa & family

Karen said...

What a cutie!!!!! How wonderful that you have him in your arms. Our son's caregivers told us that it typically takes 3 days for the little ones to grieve for their foster parents/care givers, than they start to trust. I hope your son realizes the love you guys have for him and snuggles in deeper:-)

jeanette said...

I'm so excited to see an update! I checked this AM and saw you had him..but no pics. What a precious little guy! My heart breaks for the grief he's going thru. Will be praying for The Father to continue to soothe and comfort his little heart.

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh I'm in love too!!!! That face is so beautiful!!!!! (Even when he's crying!!) :)

Rebecca